Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Devil's Halloween

Well, it had been some time I did not post new stuff here. Probably I'm trying to enjoy my holidays to the fullest. Laying on the sofa doing nothing. Not total enjoyment and relaxation though but at least i get a piece of "CALM" and "PEACE" at home. Unavoidable, some problems and things to worry still cramping my mind. Anyway, atmosphere at home is just so nice to "sit back and think of my stuff". Nicely served with home-cooked dishes and it's free of charge. LOL

So, at the mean time of relaxation and thinking in progress, I do just the same things i did back at campus-life. I surf net and chat. What else? So, on my surf, I discover that Western people also have their own "ghost season". LOL. I knew it earlier before this but i just have a scratch of idea on its meanings. In my imaginery, everyone has to wear "spooky" and horrifying customes. It's part of the celebration and I don't know why.

Well, here's what i got from Wiki:

Halloween is a tradition celebrated on the night of October 31, most notably by children dressing in costumes and going door-to-door collecting sweets. It is celebrated in much of the Western world, though most common in Canada, the United States, Puerto Rico, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and with increasing popularity in Australia, and sometimes celebrated in New Zealand. Halloween originated among the Celts in Ireland, Britain and France as the Pagan Celtic harvest festival, Samhain. Irish, Scots, Welsh and other immigrants brought versions of the traditions to North America in the 19th century. Most other Western countries have embraced Halloween as a part of American pop culture in the late 20th century.

Halloween is often associated with the occult. Many European cultural traditions hold that Halloween is one of the liminal times of the year when the spiritual world can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent (e.g. Catalan mythology about witches, Irish tales of the Sídhe).

And so i decided to spare some of my times to come out with this~
First time i try this style of designning. Though amateur work, but it seems fresh for me. haha
Results coming out soon, hopefully the magical force would be optimized that time and create some miracles. Hopefully......

1 Comments:

Blogger Devil's Son said...

nope, draw with hand work and edited with photoshop~
trying some new style~hehe

10/31/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home