Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Colorless "HELL"


I’m not so sure what the hell I’m doing right now. Basically I’m holding a book and keep telling my brain “remember this”, “memorize that”, “must know this”, “must understand that”, etc. What the hell! It will explode if I did not stop and have a break now to release my tension. There are too many to study and too many to understand yet limited passion to continue it. Suddenly, I feel that the books and notes I’m holding are very smelly and annoying. Passion about acquiring knowledge should not be that way I guess.

“Aristotle points out that the curiosity for knowledge and the curiosity of knowledge is the essence of philosophy itself.”For it was their curiosity that first led men to philosophize and that still leads them." Aristotle believes that all philosophers try to overcome ignorance, and pursue knowledge for its own sake and not merely for the practical utility of it.”

Even Aristotle believes that knowledge should be acquired through passion, enthusiasm, and curiosity. To create those, we need communication, social, and observation (not observing notes and text books merely of course). We need more freedom to study rather than the education system we practice now. We just do not look far and broad enough to practice those spirits. What we can see here is just engineering, business, medicine, biotech, information technology, art, etc. But what we see beyond? I’m not sure what I’m crapping now, but just another way to release tension and continue key in data into my brain.

“All men by nature desire to know.” Aristotle
“All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.”Aristotle


1 Comments:

Blogger Devil's Son said...

aw...Thanks.
haha..sure we can have some sharings.
but i guess have to wait until i "retire" before we can really do more sharing as now i just do it when i'm free..haha
really hope we have the chance..
p/s:admire ur art too~ ;)

9/30/2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home